Friday, March 26, 2010

Detail over bed

 

I used a standard towel ring to hang the shell above the bed. I mounted it upside down and also ran the canopy net through it. We hurried to be ready for the Tour of Homes and a photo shoot for the Southern Living Jan. 2009 issue. My assistant, Anna Speir, and I did the " Wild Whirlwind Thing" to pull it all together and when Diane came home she was thrilled to see the magic. . I especially love the bath room upstairs. ( downstairs bath not shown in these photos) Every time I walk upstairs the room makes me smile. We covered an old chaise from Fish Camp Cottage with a vintage Peacock bedspread and Bellamy, the artist, contributed her magic above the chaise and throughout the house to make it a serene and whimsical home. The house is being sold furnished for the most part and it may even become a Mermaid Cottage Vacation Rental.

2 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

This is brilliant. I love this idea!

beachhouse etc. said...

love your designs and your sweet way of portraying little cottages ...i love small places sometimes people get too caught up in space and forget to enjoy the small nooks and crannies of a home..you are very inspirational to me..thank you would love to be a follower i'm sure you would have a huge fan base..i am going to be featuring a friday beach guest post on anyone who has a beach inspired blog...please let me know if you would be interested in guest blogging...please contact me at suzannepignato@mac.com