Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back from the beach


This is Bead Cottage--a wonderful, original Tybee cottage . It looks like we just came in from the beach and created ART with two damp towels. The new owners love it and are happy to rent it through TybeeCottages.com. I restored it several years ago and it was featured in Cottage Living in 2005. I really do miss that magazine. They nicknamed this cottage "the white house," which makes me smile every time I hear this--because it's actually painted the Jane Coslick color Beach House Blue! The door is painted the Jane Coslick color Key Lime Parrot. Everything inside was white but we fluffed it for the shoot with punches of color.

7 comments:

Ronnie said...

Looking sharp! I miss Cottage Living too. Country Living has gone more cottage and less dark Early American. So that's good. Keep it coming. Love your color.

Roxanne said...

These makes me so happy! Your stylings and color schemes are just my favorite thing ever! I agree with Rhonnie, Country Living has gone way lighter and I like it!

Kathi said...

Love the key lime door!

Vintage Remixed said...

Oh how I remember touring the Bead Cottage with you, Janie. It's one of my favorites and I think perhaps because it does have so much white is one of the reasons I love it so. Love this shot you posted. :-)

Hugs,
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Your houses look so easy to be happy in.

Carriage House Antiques said...

I have to have those towels...can you give me a hint where to find them?
thanks
Natalie

Prior said...

I remember loving this cottage in Cottage Living... I've blogged about missing that magazine, too. Right in the middle of the subscription, they sent my money back and gave me a free subscription to Family Circle, not the same... It is so neat to now meet you through blogging.
Lezlee