Monday, September 5, 2011

" A Bohemian Cottage" will have a new owner soon.






I am packing and moving this week from this very special place. My good friend was so kind to help me pack and organize. . She was standing in my kitchen in the middle of all the boxes and said."This one was the ugliest EVER and just look at how wonderful it turned out to be."
Another friend came to town for the holiday and dropped by. She said ".We felt SO sorry for you when you showed us this place"
Her friend Alice said,"this time I think Jane Coslick has lost it. She may be good but no one could help that place."
It had been on the  market for 5 years and it was so pitiful!!!! The only good thing was the back yard but the owner had taken all the landscape plants.
I began to " Ponder"................
There was so MUCH to Ponder and.....
Exactly WHY had I bought this place?
I bought it because it was the cheapest thing on the market at the time.....
and knew it needed major TLC.....................
HINT........cheap usually means you will be spending boat loads of  money.....
I will try to show you before's snap shots but they don't even tell the real story...


OK  this was the living room and this was the fire place. The floors were "clicky Pergo"and the dogs clicked as they explored their new home. It had a curved brick fireplace like the curved brick exterior walls outside .I "got ' the design element..... However, that made the living room 8 feet wide....and sofa and chairs were going to be a problem.. I had to steal from the master bedroom closet to make the room work.( but created a wonderful janecoslick's  mess hide out)out of the next bedroom... I will miss that wonderful space the most).
NO, I will miss all the  things I added that I want to grab and run away with that made it so bohemian .........




BEFORE living room

   AFTER living room........the fireplace came into the room as far as the bar stool on the right. I opened up the wall and added the bar top





I have done this.. 'design it and run' many many times but this was not the plan here. I leave a bit of my heart and soul with each one I restore and  this one even surprised me!!!! I made it uncomplicated and easy. ....

 The movers will be here at 8:30 am so this will be a short list of a few things that mean so much to me. Not great photos but I am having serious separation anxiety. Most of these things are one of a kind...





A very  special one of a kind gazabo


antique iron with kitty door


antique brick  from the Old Crow factory




the cabinet doors and pantry doors

even the trash can path is old antique brick 

monkey see... monkey do...

great screen porch .. the wicker stays here

EVERY window has a great view




laundry room hooks

I added window in the fence for the kitties

close up of the gazebo

hall bath original paint
DOORS   are so important


all these came from a house I could not save  ...they lived on with me



pantry doors.. more old shutters


I am so going to miss my favorite love seat

old IS beautiful

a bedroom lamp....  Love the button shade


Here is a "street person" that drops by every night for dinner. He is wonderful . I had him fixed and we call him "Big Gray". Hope the new owner will like him and feed him. I will set up a 'trust fund for his food.. he loves AC and stays in the cool for hours. He get along with" my  girls".

18 comments:

Heather said...

It is just adorable I can see why your going to miss it!! I have moved a lot and I know that bittersweet feeling I had a very cute house in NY that I had all done up it looked so cute it was hard to part with.....Good Luck on your new journey ~Love Heather

Paraphernalia said...

You have made the cottage beautiful, Jane. Your next house is a lucky one too. Is it another cottage that needs some love?

Meine Dinge Franka said...

Lovely place to live there!

♥ Franka

Kayakbanker said...

Jane
You made me want to cry...I understand how you feel. I get attached too easily. Heck I cried when I sold my old VW and it was really a lousy car...but it had some of me attached due to the memories. The good part you get to keep the memories and the new owners get the upkeep! There's always that!

See ya in Oct.
CottageCrazy.blogspot.com

LeAnn said...

Hi Jane,
I can hear the sadness in your words. May I ask, why you are leaving? Just wondering.

xo

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Love everything about this cottage.
I can see why you'll miss it. The details are awesome! Can't wait to see/and hear about a new cottage home for you.

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

You put so much of yourself into that house Jane, and there is something so special about a place you saved. Don't Native Americans believe if you save a life, you are responsible for it evermore? But not the upkeep, I second that!

Here's to the next adventure~

AndeM1 said...

Oh Jane.....your cottages are all so beautiful. It is so wonderful to see the love you have for this special cottage in your words.....I can't wait to see the new cottage you will save.....but you haven't really shared that.....are you saving another cottage? I can't wait to see......bye bohemian...I will miss seeing pictures of you!!!!
Jane.....take care and check in soon!

jmac said...

OMG!!!!!!!! Plz tell me you're not leaving Tybee Island! I've stayed in 99 Steps and have drooled over every house you've redone on the island...where are you moving to???
Love this cottage and I can SO see all your coolness here. sigh....is it already sold???

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I can see every bit of your soul that you left here. Bittersweet. Cottage Hospice. That is what you are gifted with!

Tammy said...

what an adorable place...I can see why you would miss it so...I mean that iron gate with the kitty door is enough to make me cry all day! & the little street kitty?...how precious...I don't know if I could leave him...can't wait to see what your next place looks like...you have such talent!!
:-)
Tammy

Sandy said...

How can you leave it? You made it so beautiful and cosy. Can you take "Big Gray" with you? What's your next adventure?

Jane said...

You have put so much spirit into that place Jane. I can feel it. Thanks for making me smile today. Big Gray must have deserved a break, to have you take him under your wing. A lovely story. hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Jane x

Kathi said...

Dear Jane... I have tears too. It is so hard to leave a place that you have put so much of yourself into. Thank you for sharing your home with us. Thank you for your inspiration. Thank you for being YOU!
Many blessings on your next adventure!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I commend your creativeness and concepts with this etched glass door by taking simple to get materials. that is amazing! Hopefully, I will try this in my storeroom Doors for my room.

Unknown said...

This home is very beautiful. I wish to have such a home.

buy facebook likes

Djadai said...

Very nice and interesting information about the window shutter. Thanks for this great stuff.