Monday, September 2, 2013

Hanging Beds , Holidays and Grandma Moses

a hanging bed is great  for a nap or a party!!
I just finished fluffing a great porch for a Labor Day party ..23 is the  pillow count so far. I wish I had taken a before photo ..I need to be better about doing that. I decided on a mix of fabrics because the porch is wonderfully deep and the hanging bed needs extra support when using it as a sitting area.
REMEMBER:
(If you ever get a chance to build a porch make it a deep one )



We hung this  bed with ropes... looks great but they do stretch and will need adjusting.


it is definitely inviting

mix up the pillows  for interest and for support when sitting



not a hanging bed but not bad for a relaxing spot
never forget the  hammock....it's not a hanging bed but great for hanging out!!!!

we hung this with stainless chain . it wont stretch

We hung these with cable and they did stretch a little

Labor Day to me is...Summer in the rear view mirror!!!!
 Where did it go? I really couldn't tell you because it flew by....
I always say "time flies... whether you are having fun or not" ...
I did ,however, have a fun  busy design summer . New clients, new pillows, new hanging beds, new projects
I can't wait to share the fun and  funky fence project  using what was let over from Cottage on the Green construction material .My wonderful client is all excited so that makes all of us excited about creating it.

If you can't do a hanging bed, not worries, a day bed is always nice for a porch ...
( The MOST important thing about a hanging bed ..it MUST be hung securely for safety reasons


Have to share this....

My sister sent me a birthday card last week . .She said it
reminded her of me. I want to share it with you on this lazy hazy Labor Day.
It is a quote from Grandma Moses:

"LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT:
ALWAYS HAS BEEN,
 ALWAYS WILL BE"

  I want to make it peaceful....
  I want to make it beautiful..
 I want to make it happy......


HAPPY LABOR  DAY !!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Any of these places look like a great place to RELAX! Seeing the Ibis fabric on the pillows reminds me I've got chairs to cover. :D

Hope you had a great weekend!
Blessings,
Kathi

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Happy labor day. May you NOT labor. May you hang out....on a hanging bed!

carolyn said...

Love a hanging bed! And LOTS of pillows.

Hope you had a fabulous Labor Day-

Carolyn

JANET said...

That porch looks so cool and cozy to relax in on a hot summer day.