Thursday, October 15, 2009

Anna's Oyster Shell Design


I've begun incorporating the stylish pieces designed by Anna Speir, who uses oyster shells in her mirrors, candlesticks, chandeliers, and lamps, like in this picture that was used on the cover of Savannah Magazine's annual Homes & Design edition. This is a view from a front porch overlooking the marsh surrounding Tybee Island, and Anna's lamp helped to bring some of Tybee's natural beauty indoors.
The texture and colors of oyster shells are great for both interior and exterior use, and because they're natural materials, each piece is unique. I'm very fortunate to have Anna as a good friend and I'm proud to feature Anna's creations on the upcoming Jane Coslick online store, which will be open in November.
Thanks to Richard Leo Johnson for his photography!

3 comments:

KatyO! said...

love that lamp! Is Anna Speir the person who creates the tables at The Paris Market in Savannah? I went there a few months ago and have been trying to find them ever since! http://katyoh.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-heart-savannah.html

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

My grandmother had a lamp like that of shells. Long gone I'm afraid.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Cute blog...enjoyed my visit...Love anything coastal, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... Stop in anytime!