Friday, October 2, 2009

A Visit With Bellamy


In some of the magazines that have featured homes I’ve designed or restored, you may have recognized the paintings of Bellamy Murphy. 

Bellamy is a good friend and I just love her artwork as well as her unique eye for color, and many of my clients agree! She lives in Savannah, which seems to have influenced her choice of subject matter: marsh scenes, palm trees, shrimp, cottages, crabs, and starfish. 

Here’s a picture from earlier today when I went over to Bellamy’s studio to bring her a little bit of inspiration: a spider orchid and a swatch of fabric. She works straight from the colors and the shapes, giving it her own unique twist!

Here’s how to contact Bellamy:
To see her work visit her website: bellamyart.com
Contact the artist: bellamyart@me.com

No comments: