Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Special Cottage - 1948

 

This a photograph taken in 1948. The original owners gave me this photo and shared many great stories of the years of fun and happiness they shared with friends and family at the cottage . Many of the soldiers who were stationed at Fort Screven (one of Tybee's historic sites) would come for dinner and although it was small, people would spill out onto the steps and into the yard to enjoy the laid back ways of our little island.

Scroll down to see interior photos as well as two Blogs about my restoration of the cottage, both 'before' and 'after'!

More of Richard Johnson's photos of the interiors can be seen on my website under DESIGNS AND RESTORATIONS in Jane's Designs with the label Cottage Fryes. The cottage now has new owners and it can be rented thru www.tybee cottages.com.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lettered Cottage said...

Oh Jane- it's just lovely!
Some of my readers directed me to your website and I'm so glad they did!

My husband and I will be traveling to Tybee the first week of April to review a home called "Just Beachy", for a feature we call "Guest My Nest" on our blog.

I would LOVE to meet you and see some of your amazing handiwork in person. I think our readers would love to too!

Layla Palmer
The Lettered Cottage
LaylaPalmer@aol.com