Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Tybee Weekend in the Fall...................

When the summer ends, the island becomes a quite peaceful place .I love the month of October at the beach .Still very warm and very few people on the beach.
I took the weekend off to do some "Me" things . I put some sod in the yard and went  for a "Tybee ride" on my bike.
I bought two cassia trees to plant at 99 Steps to the Beach and can't wait to plant them.
The yellow/gold color makes me happy and it last for several months.

they looks great with the Beachy Keen Green color of my beach cottage and also  the yellow and white Sunbrella fabric panels on my porch

I can't decide where to plant them ...........

the leaves close up at night and I love that

when I lived at Fish Camp Cottage I planted two there. They now make a beautiful arch over the front of the cottage in gold.

While on my bike  ride, I saw two more cassia trees in the park. I rode all over the island  then stopped  to visit an exciting new project........................


the cassia trees are just beginning to bloom here
I actually  came over to spend some quite time with  the new cottage project....and Ponder the spaces.........................


Here is the new cottage project....
 
.Isn't it beautiful?
(No, you say)
 
Well maybe not yet, but the vibes are DEFINITELY there!

a nice little cottage (and it is a duplex)
it also backs up to the park..how nice that will be!!!

I LOVE the windows , the v-groove walls and high ceiling
that are all calling for fresh white paint!!!

a 12 foot wide porch .....
picket fences, screen porches, palm trees   all the right things...maybe we will add a cassia tree or two to bloom in the fall
 
This place is historic and charming and will be a great place to stay
 on Tybee hopefully very soon.
First,however, we have to see what the codes will  allowed in this area.
 
 Let's see..... 
 new kitchen cabinets ...new counter tops....repairs of some things..  pick some colors ..paint the walls and ceilings... and ponder spaces and beds and curtains and sofas and lamps and breakfast tables and chairs and another screen porch on the front unit...............
 
OH YES !!!!
 
.IT WILL BE SO WONDERFUL THAT IF YOU STAY HERE YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE................   
I GUARANTEE IT!!!


 

2 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I believe you! LOVE that cottage...see the potential. We have a HUGE cassia in our front that was blown over in the last storm...now it's trying to bloom...sideways!

AndeM1 said...

I love the new little cottage...I think it is so cute. Cant wait to see what you do with it...will it be complete when I visit in June?????