Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Jane Coslick Cottage Holiday Tour Fund Raiser

IN A MOMENT.......



Your life can change... ( and your full plate ..overflowth!!!!!!!)

I got a last minute call to have dinner  from a few of my kitty lovin' friends on Tuesday evening..............

 We have some problems with our very very successful spay neuter and release  feral kitty program(  The Milton Project) .
ALL my kitties are products of the program and they have helped our island and the city of  Savannah so much.
More on that later...........
WE were all trying to think positive and "get a plan" to combat the hateful (uneducated) people of out local Animal Control that have caused hundreds of  kitties (who were being cared for in colonies) to be killed and forced the shut down of the Milton Project.
On a positive note:
The Humane Society of Chatham County is trying to create a low cost spay and neuter clinic in our area  and  we needed to raise money so it can happen.
My insides were  churning at the terrible action of our local Animal Control..
Our island and the neighboring Wilmington Island have a grant ( thanks to our hard working kitty lovers) to spay and neuter .
Long Story Short...

these are some of the kitties Milton got fixed THANKS MILTON PROJECT!!
 



My amazing "get it done friends" thought the idea of a Jane Coslick Holiday Cottage  Tour. would be the perfect fundraiser . ... and in their "get it done" fashion....
We will have it on Dec 8, the day of our Christmas parade on Tybee. So far, all the cottage owner are opening their cottages for this good cause!!!! I am still making contact with the ones who do not live here  full time.

again..saved by the Milton Project.. my  Fluffy girl
 

I amazed by the compassion of so many and am so grateful to so many of my island  neighbors for their help with  the problems that homeless animals face on a daily basis.

MORE DETAILS NEXT WEEK.....

 One kitty at a time...one colony at a time....Thanks to all those who help and care so much for the dogs and cats.
Our Humane Society and it's volunteers are working very hard!!!!!!!!!
It's time for me to get busy..

6 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

What an inspiration you are jane...To cottage and Kitty lovers everywhere! Tell me when and where...and I will be happy to donate!

Aunt Grits a.k.a Maggi said...

So awesome! All my kitties are feral babies & I have a kitty house on my back porch for my "fixed & released" feral colony.
I'll definitely check back for more details!

jessica said...

good luck jane, if anyone can do it you can! jess

AndeM1 said...

Jane you are amazing to me....saving cotages, kitties and preserviing your amazing island......I hope to meet you when I am there in June! Wish I could make the tour.....what a great day for a great cause!

cherry said...

Miss Jane as a lover of kitties, Tybee and tour of homes.. I love this idea .. Please let us know as soon as you have the rest of the details. I will share it on my blog & Facebook. I will be there with friends.. Also if there is anything I can do to help please email me at ~
cherryd6@gmail.com

hugs, Cherry
Cherry's in the Garden and More

Sewingshack said...

Let me know if you need a tour hostess Jane, I can help;-))