Monday, October 15, 2012

My Sunday Walk....

I have been running into myself in the hallways because I have so much to do. I decided to take a "camera walk about" and enjoy mindless thoughts and ponderings...( not work related)
I began in my kitchen with a splash of our favorite color......
headed out the door..

in the yard

never give up...never slow down...never grow old ..never die young
 picket fence wisdom...

down the path to the beach

pondering the 'snow fencing" used on the beach

Mother Nature's wonderful beach foam

We were always told as children .".angels washing their clothes"

white caps and waves

Now on my bike on the other side of the island... love this!

colors on cottages

island funky...

love this house...

a great entry way

one of my favorites..  love the pocket windows!

a disaster....demo of a precious old Tybee cottage

I am depressed....guess I will think about work and more positive things like beautiful new fabrics and colors!!!1

We will have a ball with this fun fabric in   Ardsley Park....
I do love my job!!!


 
Happy Monday...............................................
 

8 comments:

cm said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful visuals. I especially like the door with the aqua trim. PS I am reading your new book - Fresh American Spaces. It is fantastic, and perhaps the only book I'll buy this year.

cm said...

I am terribly sorry, I was referring to your Cottages book! It is beautiful.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

What a beautiful tour! Love the photos so full of color and nature! Looking forward to seeing your Ardsley Park project.

Have a wonderful week!

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

oh the beach pictures are so cool! you are lucky to live close to the ocean! thanks for sharing the pics.

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

Serendipitous Home said...

Hello Jane,
Loved the tour, you are surrounded by so much beauty.
But please share where that fabric is from. It is simply stunning!

Sandra

Unknown said...

It is a Waverly Fabric vintage pattern. P.Kaufman fabrics bought Waverly Fabrics....They have come out with some amazing stuff. I am so impressed with their flame stich and prints.

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

Love your Sunday walk and bike ride Jane - is the demo going to be total, it seems they are keeping the frame and the doors and windows, maybe all is not lost?

Unknown said...

oh no they are tearing it to the ground (and have by now) the contractor did not know what he was doing ..renovation on coastal islands have special considerations set by Femma.... they should have ask!!! The wonderful old windows are not code and cant be re used as exterior windows.(very sad)