Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A few thoughts about Headboards

One of my favorite things is making a headboard out of something unusual. I have used old doors, old shutters, new shutters,fabrics, old carousels bench backs , old pieces of architechure and even reproduced old pieces .I bought this great piece for my own bed room but my client fell in love with it before I could get it out of my truck and hung on my own wall. This photograph does not really do it justice . The paint was very faded but it had just the right worn patina to drawn you in to its texture and color tones . The view of the ocean from the bed and the sound of the waves completed the Perfect Spot for a great nights rest .The morning view....sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean....what a way to begin the day.......






3 comments:

Tricia Rose said...

I suppose it would have been unseemly to engage in a hand-to-hand tussle with your own client for possession! Oh Jane, it is lovely! I can only hope you find another one...

Denise Marie said...

Love all the details of this spot!!

cindy Michael said...

Love this...is it an old door