Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A few thoughts about Headboards

One of my favorite things is making a headboard out of something unusual. I have used old doors, old shutters, new shutters,fabrics, old carousels bench backs , old pieces of architechure and even reproduced old pieces .I bought this great piece for my own bed room but my client fell in love with it before I could get it out of my truck and hung on my own wall. This photograph does not really do it justice . The paint was very faded but it had just the right worn patina to drawn you in to its texture and color tones . The view of the ocean from the bed and the sound of the waves completed the Perfect Spot for a great nights rest .The morning view....sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean....what a way to begin the day.......






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it would have been unseemly to engage in a hand-to-hand tussle with your own client for possession! Oh Jane, it is lovely! I can only hope you find another one...

Denise Marie said...

Love all the details of this spot!!

Unknown said...

Love this...is it an old door

Stephanie said...

What is the material used in the headboard? Love the pattern.

Stephanie said...

What is the material used in the headboard? Love the pattern.