Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Sneek Peek at 'COAST: Lifestyle Architecture' of "A Bohemian Cottage"






No, the bird is not real..
The chaise is the same that was once featured on the cover of the sadly missed Cottage Living Magazine .( Lucky now sleeps away on it in his final years on this earth.)
The Zebra fabric has long been discontinued but continues to make me very happy as it is easy to keep and cleans up like new over and over.
This cottage was soooooooooo ugly I thought I could never 'happy it up" (I must remember to show you the befores of this one)
It has become everyone favorite and an amazing place to have a party.
The kitties and I love love love the gazebo and the inspiration room. Spooky has made the inspiration room her "winter residence" and the hot pink quilt(with an electric blanket under it for extra comfort)is her spot. I go visit her and do my stretches on the zebra rug. The twin driftwood beds were in the "ticket booth" behind Luscious Little Cottage and were in Coastal Living's island issue with Anna Speir sitting on them. (her first assignment with Jane Coslick Designs and she was great).
Janelle McCulloch ,a fun, funny and very talented Australian, was the author and photographer for the book.  I ask her for a bio but she has yet to send it. She is delightful and I hope one day to visit Janelle and all my friends there. My client leaves the end of March and has ask me to go with her.
My assistant wont let me go until I clean out the back room of my office AND my storage unit( which I have had since 1992). She has not seen the storage unit yet and when she does she just might quit!!!!!

3 comments:

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...it's all so very beautiful!!!
Boy...it would be hard not to go with her!! Better get cleaning:):)

Seagrass Interiors said...

Hi Jane! I loved your sweet cottage then and still do now - it's just beautiful, fun, and cozy!

xo
Melissa

Debbi Beverage said...

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Debbi @ the beach