Friday, June 3, 2011

48 hours until the Tybee Island Tour of Homes and fluffing like crazy!!!!

OK. What do  you think ?????
Into to the cottage or back to the storage unit?
 I'm thinking... "Baroque at the beach"..... after all it is a bohemian cottage and we just want to have some fun....
My long range plan....have it white washed and a natural linen nail hail head upholstery job for the fabric. Not enough time so................I am thinking. "Do I have a place for you!"
 The storage unit produced some interesting possibilities for throw pillows and funky new ideas. IF it weren't 96 degrees I would have searched deeper into the unit and come up with plan B..
.
HINT: Always has to have a Plan B...


This is the  base of an old mirror which I bought from a friend.  It is plaster with a marble top. Sculley, the cat, will love napping on it once the tour is over.
I think this is a perfect compliment to "Baroque at the beach"

Things are really beginning to look fresh and clean around here. I am addicted to a fresh coat of paint...and Peter is making it all wonderful.

HINT....if you want a REALLY REALLY clean house..repaint your base boards!!!! Life changing.....................


   If it isn't perfect by Saturday morning, I will just hang the sign my sister gave me for Christmas a few years ago...............
t

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Love the chair. I can see it done with you working your magic.
The white bedding is beautiful!
You little sign made me smile. :D

Kayakbanker said...

I can totally see that chair as you described it and I love the bench! Have fun and wish WE were there!
Connie & Mike Stanley

AndeM1 said...

So beautiful...I wish I were closer...I'd love to take the home tour...I hope that you will post more once the tour is over.....I love your sign...I need one....

PS..the chair is fabulous!

Ronnie said...

Haven't checked in for a while. Looks like loads of fun there!
That chair would be beautiful with a pop of Jane color in the form of a big fat coral colored pillow. I so wish I'd known about the show. I drove by your exit coming from St. Marys last night. I may have stayed longer! Have a fine time.